Friday, May 9, 2014

Wonderful Places


We all did the maps activity, we got to know other languages, religions, history, etc.  But in my opinion the definition of cultural diversity is not complete without mentioning the sights: the various places that are characteristic of each area or country in the world. How could we  speak about the U.S. without thinking about the White House or the Statue of Liberty? Each region or country has characteristic places, mainly I will focus on two areas that most caught my attention , the Caribbean and South Africa, places that are visited by tourists, places that should be visited by everyone .
When we speak of the Caribbean , the first thing we think about is the fabulous beaches that are there, and clear white sandy beaches, crystal clear water and a warm climate, are the most visible face of the Caribbean. Beaches such as those found in the Virgin Islands, Punta Cana or Jamaica, ones that I think are the most beautiful in the world to be visited, beaches that are surrounded by even more beautiful places, stunning coastlines and even warmer people.
Now if we talk about South Africa we note that it has a wide variety of locations, from beaches, to forests, to deserts like the Kalahari Desert, where we find a great diversity of fauna. Also there are lots of reserves and national parks like Kruger Park, the largest and most important worldwide where we can find 147 different species of mammals, 507 types of birds, 114 species of reptiles and 33 species of amphibians, a great diversity of wildlife, a place that people should clearly visit .



By posting this I make an invitation to investigate more about the many places in the world: deserts, cities, forests, beaches and so, to realize that not just the language or music of a country form their culture; that there are more things to discover, and that we should begin to know the characteristic parts of the world. And why not start in our own city? I assure you will discover wonderful things.













2 comments:

  1. I found really interesting your post, but I would like to see more the vision about the places that are not so turistic. Like in South Africa, we all know that got safaris wild animals and beautiful landmarks, but this contrast with all the poverty in the country. The same with The Caribbean I always ear about the precious beaches but I never heard concerning to the poberty of the country or their internal problems. Thanks to this post I will research little more about that.
    I definitely want to visit the countries on your post I believe that the most effective way to know a culture is see it with your own eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara thank you very much for your comment, I did not mention poverty because my entry is more of the sights, maybe another good opportunity to talk about poverty

    ReplyDelete