Wednesday, March 26, 2014

We live a life we didn't choose, and I'm glad to be here.

One day I was listening to music in my bedroom, when it starts to play this song, Pearls by Sade. Just the intro makes me feel in another world, so when the song catches my attention, was when I knew this song will be in my mind forever.
This song talks about the life of a woman in Somalia, a country from the east of Africa, who tries to survive every day in very bad conditions and with a lot of suffering, but at the same time, she keeps fighting with “a force stronger than nature”, her daughter. So when I hear that song, I hear the powerful voice of Sade screaming hallelujah I start to think in all the things I had and have. The beautiful house where I grow up, the best parents in the world, the things they gave to me and the place where I am right know. That makes me feel the luckiest girl in the world.
Sometimes we are so angry because we don’t have we want, and the most of the time, those are real stupid things; we feel bad for things o situations that really don’t deserve that attention, and that happen ‘cause we don’t see OUTSIDE of US. Nowadays people care about themselves and see the problems as the worst thing in the world.
So, what do you think about the behavior of this world, this new society? Why people changed in that way?

“This is how she's dying
She's dyin' to survive
Don't know what she's made of
I would like to be that brave”
I would like to be that brave too.

P.S.: That is the original video of the song, but here you can see another video, simple, but with powerful images.

No comments:

Post a Comment