Thursday, March 27, 2014

O'Children

The first time I heard this song was on one of my favorite movie. I find it so beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time, is very strange, but you can feel the fear, the pain and the impotence when you are hearing it.

The lyrics talk about the desolation in past times but even with that you can still see a light in the future. They can be interpret in so many ways, but what I deduce is the time when the childrens was taken away in the wars. It talks about living in a place with no exit for the older generations that committed so several errors. The time has passed and there is no way back, The despair for taking time back an get a opportunity again of making things right, but that is not posible so there is only space to ask forgiveness

In the otherside, the lyric talks about the new generation, and how they can now be free and happy, how we should be grateful for what we got, the privilege of freedom that others in the past did not have.

While in the last part sings about a train on the route of freedom you can interpret it in two ways. One of them is when the Nazis do people get on a train to take them to the Holocaust, and the other way is the railroad of freedom for the acceptation and forgiveness. Actually it don't really care to much, both talks about the pathway leading to the release of the soul.

But judge by yourself. What the song sings for you?

Hey little train! Wait for me!
I was held in chains but now I'm free
I'm hanging in there, don't you see
In this process of elimination
Hey little train! Wait for me!
I was held in chains but now I'm free
I'm hanging in there, don't you see
In this process of elimination - See more at: http://www.theundergroundrailroad.ca/oneabolitionist/2012/05/nick-caves-o-children-hey-little-train-wait-for-me.html#sthash.F5hHLNOY.dpuf

Hey little train! Wait for me!
I was held in chains but now I'm free
I'm hanging in there, don't you see
In this process of elimination - See more at: http://www.theundergroundrailroad.ca/oneabolitionist/2012/05/nick-caves-o-children-hey-little-train-wait-for-me.html#sthash.F5hHLNOY.dpuf
Hey little train! We are all jumping on
The train that goes to the Kingdom
We're happy, Ma, we're having fun
And the train ain't even left the station


what the song sings to you.
what the song sings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment